Damage Storms Can Cause
Severe storms can be furious and frightening, and safety has to be your first priority. If your region has seen major problems, use caution. If you the risk of flooding or structural damage, stay out until a professional says it’s safe. Spending a few nights elsewhere is a small price to pay.
Once the disaster has passed, it’s necessary to assess the impact and plan for remediation. Below, learn about the damage different storm systems can cause and how to keep your property, and yourself, safe in different circumstances.
Coverage amounts vary based on your region, your policy, the severity of damage and other factors.
Document the damage, keep track of all your receipts and get on the phone with your insurance company and a storm damage restoration company.
Dangerous storm damage, lead to mold problems and cause other problems.
- Winter Storm Damage: This can cause collapsed roofs, lead to broken trees and electricity poles, and much more.
- Hail Aftermath: Severe hail can cause shingle and siding damage, and that can mean roof leaks and compounding damage.
- Flood Damage: Floods can ruin foundations, ruin structures and possessions inside, lead to mold problems and cause other problems.
- Wind-related Property Damage: This can damage structures, destroy glass, destroy trees and landscaping and electricity hookups and cause other problems.
- Tornado and Hurricane Damage: Circular winds can completely destroy, such as catastrophic damage to landscaping, siding and windows.
Hire a Trusted Damage and Remediation Professional
Danger is high after a storm, and hiring a professional can help you get repairs done right. Contact us as soon as possible.