Damage Storms Can Cause
Severe storms can be furious and frightening, and you need to focus on safety. If your region has seen a lot of damage, use caution. If you think your home has been structurally damaged or flood risk is an issue, stay out until a professional says it’s safe. Find another place to stay until you’re sure.
Get through the storm, and then examine the impact. Read on for more.
Coverage varies based on your region, the specifics of your policy, the amount of damage and more.
Most storm damage is covered, but filing quickly is very important. If you don’t, you could lose coverage and see rate increases anyway.
Storm Damage Scenarios
- Flood Damage: Floods can seep into foundations, ruin drywall, carpet and framing, lead to mold growth and more.
- Tropical Storm and Tornado Damage: Circular winds can wreak havoc on your home or business, like catastrophic damage to siding, roofs, landscaping and more.
- Wind-related Property Damage: This can rip off siding, shingles and even whole roofs, lead to broken windows, wreak havoc on trees and electric systems and cause other problems.
- Hail Storm Aftermath: This can damage siding and shingles, causing hidden leaks and compounding structural damage.
- Winter Storms: This can cause roofs to fail, break trees and electric systems, and much more.
Find an Experienced Damage and Remediation Professional
Danger is high after a storm, and a professional contractor can help you get the problem solved quickly and correctly. Reach out to us as soon as possible.