Severe Weather Damage Scenarios
Severe storms can be frightening and dangerous, and safety has to be your first priority. If your region has seen a lot of damage, play it safe. If you think your home has been structurally damaged or if flood risk is an issue, stay out until a professional says it’s safe. Find another place to stay until you’re sure.
Once the disaster has passed, it’s necessary to check out the impact and get started with cleanup and restoration. Below, we’ve provided information about the damage different storms can cause and how to keep your property, and yourself, safe in different scenarios.
Storm Damage Insurance
Coverage amounts vary based on your region, the specifics of your policy, the severity of damage and more.
The faster you are to file a claim, the better chance you have for fair payouts. You could lose your chance if you don’t act quickly.
Storms that cause property damage may lead to mold proliferation and much more.
- Winter Storm Damage: Blizzards can cause roofs to fail, lead to broken trees and electricity poles, and much more.
- Hail Storm Damage: Major hail storms can damage siding and shingles, leading to long-term leaks and compounding structural damage.
- Damage from Wind Storms: This can harm structures, destroy glass, damage landscaping and electric systems and cause other problems.
- Tornado and Tropical Storm Damage: Circular wind storms can cause serious damage to all parts of your property, including catastrophic damage to siding, roofs, landscaping and more.
- Damage from Flooding: Floods can get into your building’s foundation, ruin framing and finish work, lead to mold proliferation and much more.
Hire a Trusted Damage and Remediation Professional
Danger is high after a storm, and hiring a professional restoration service company can help you with repairs in a safe, efficient way. Contact us right away.