What to Expect After a Storm
Property damage caused by severe weather can be a big problem for your family home or business, and fixing it can be difficult. To get repairs done correctly, you need a storm damage repair service that specializes in bringing your property back to pre-storm conditions. Our team is here for you.
After you make it through the storm safely, restoration and repair should be next on your list. Read the information below about how each kind of storm can cause damage.
Insurance for Storm Damage
How much you get from your policy depends on things like how much you pay in premiums and deductibles, the damage, the previous condition of the property and more.
To get the biggest possible payout from your property insurance policy, keep track of damage or take photos of the damage as soon as possible. Then, call your insurance agent to make an appointment with an assessor. You should also choose a storm damage contractor.
Storms that cause property damage may lead to mold proliferation and much more.
- Water Damage: Flood water can get into your building’s foundation, ruin structures and possessions inside, lead to mold proliferation and much more.
- Tropical Storm and Tornado Damage: Circular winds can wreak havoc on your home or business, like catastrophic damage to landscaping, siding and windows.
- Damage from Wind Storms: This can harm structures, break windows, destroy trees and landscaping and electricity hookups and cause additional damage.
- Hail Aftermath: Major hail storms can cause shingle and siding damage, leading to long-term leaks and compounding damage.
- Winter Storms: Heavy snow can cause roofs to fail, break trees and electric systems, and more.
Find an Experienced Damage and Remediation Professional
It’s necessary to repair any damage as quickly as possible, but the risk of danger is high. Before you try making repairs yourself, work with your home insurer and hire a fully licensed and bonded contractor. Get in touch with us for details.