Severe Weather Damage Scenarios
Big storms can be furious and frightening, and safety has to be your first priority. If your area has seen major problems, play it safe. If you think your home has been structurally damaged or flooding risk is a problem, don’t go inside. Spending a few nights at an emergency shelter or with a friend is a small price to pay.
After the danger has passed, repairs and restoration should be your top priority. Below, learn about how different kinds of storms can cause unique problems.
Insurance for Storm Damage
How much you get from your home or business insurer depends on policy specifics, the damage, your property value and more.
Most storm damage is covered, but filing ASAP is vital. If you don’t, you could pay more later but lose your chance for a payout.
Storm Damage Scenarios
- Winter Storms: Blizzards can cause collapsed roofs, break branches and power poles, and cause other harm.
- Hail Storm Damage: Major hail storms can cause shingle and siding damage, causing hidden leaks and compounding damage.
- Damage from Flooding: Flood water can ruin foundations, ruin structures and possessions inside, lead to mold problems and cause other problems.
- Damage from Wind Storms: This can damage structures, lead to broken windows, damage landscaping and electricity hookups and more.
- Tornado and Hurricane Damage: Circular winds can completely destroy, including catastrophic damage to roofs, windows, siding and landscaping.
Hire a Professional Damage and Remediation Professional
Damaged properties are often dangerous, and hiring a professional can help you with repairs in a safe, efficient way. Reach out to us today.