Storms Damage Scenarios
Major storms can be frightening and dangerous, and safety has to be your first priority. If your area has seen a lot of damage, be careful. If you suspect structural damage or more flooding, stay out until a professional says it’s safe. Stay with a friend or find other shelter until you’re confident it’s safe.
After the danger has passed, restoration and repair should be next on your list. Below, learn about how various storm systems can cause specific damage.
Storm Damage Insurance
How much you get from your policy depends on things like how much you pay in premiums and deductibles, the extent of damage, your property’s condition and more.
Most weather damage is covered, but filing quickly is necessary. If you wait, you could lose money now and pay more later.
Storms that cause property damage may lead to mold proliferation and more.
- Winter Storms: This can collapse roofs, break trees and electric systems, and more.
- Hail Storm Aftermath: Major hail storms can cause shingle and siding damage, causing hidden leaks and compounding damage.
- Damage from Wind Storms: This can rip off siding, shingles and even whole roofs, destroy glass, damage landscaping and electricity hookups and cause other problems.
- Tornado and Tropical Storm Damage: Circular winds can completely destroy, like catastrophic damage to siding, roofs, landscaping and more.
- Damage from Flooding: Flood water can ruin foundations, ruin framing and finish work, lead to mold proliferation and more.
Hire an Experienced Contractor
Danger is high after a storm, and a professional restoration service company can help you get repairs done right. Call us as soon as possible.